SSC CGL Exam 2022: A national-level competitive exam called SSC CGL 2022 is used to select graduates for various Group “B” and “C” positions in the Central Government ministries. Posts such as Assistant Section Officer, Assistant Audit Officer, and Sub-Inspector are filled through this test. Candidates must pass each level in order to appear in the following stage, which is held in two stages.
You can also check the SSC CGL Syllabus 2022 for reference.
Staff Selection Commission has officially announced SSC CGL 2022 tier 1 Exam dates on 31st October with a complete schedule for interesting candidates. The SSC CGL(Combined Graduate Level) tier 1 examination will begin from 1st December and conclude on 13th December. All the aspirants who are waiting for the dates of the CGL Exam 2022 can check the schedule below in this article. The Admit cards will be made available before the exam. The exam schedule for the Scientific Assistant in IMD examination, 2022, CBE has also been released by the commission which will be held from December 14 to 16 this year. The complete details of the schedule are available on the official website of SSC i.e. www.ssc.in.
Candidates preparing for SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam must read the below article for all the dates and updates related to the exam. This way, they can make their preparation effective and productive according to the updated schedule.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various jobs like
- Inspectors of Income Tax
- Assistant Enforcement Officers in the Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue
- Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs
- Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
- Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant
- Compiler in Registrar General of India
- Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
SSC CGL 2022 Summary
The SSC CGL Exam 2022 Exam’s significant events are all listed here. We have curated a list of all the details which were released along with the notification PDF.
Overview of the SSC CGL Exam
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2022|
|SSC CGL Full Form||Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|SSC CGL Tier 1||1st December to 13th December 2022|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Eligibility||Indian citizenship & Graduate (bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline)|
|Selection Process||Tier 1 (Qualifying)|
SSC CGL 2022 Important Dates
The online registration for SSC CGL Exam 2022 was already started on 17th September and ended on 8th October. The commission has released a complete schedule with the notification pdf. All the important details like syllabus, exam date, vacancy, exam pattern, etc are mentioned in SSC CGL 2022 Notification PDF that was released on 17 September 2022. The candidates must stay updated with the dates and timings before applying for the exam. The schedule for SSC CGL 2022 is tabulated below:
SSC CGL Exam 2022 Schedule
|Notification Release Date||17 September 2022|
|The online Application Process Starts||17 September 2022|
|Last Date to apply online||13 October 2022|
|Last date for the generation of offline Challan||14 October 2022 (11 pm)|
|Last date for payment through Challan||14 October 2022 (11 pm)|
|Deadline to pay online fee||13 October 2022|
|Deadline to pay the offline fee||15 October 2022|
|The window for Application Form Correction||19-20 October 2022|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Application Status||To be notified|
|SSC CGL Admit Card 2022 (Tier-1)||To be notified|
|SSC CGL Exam Date 2022 (Tier-I)||01-13 December 2022|
|SSC CGL Exam Date 2022 (Tier-II)||To be notified|
SSC CGL Exam Dates 2020-21
Previous year exam dates are always a great source of reference to predict the unannounced dates for the SSC CGL Exam 2022 of this year. And for that, we have curated a list of all the important dates with the schedule in the table below:
SSC CGL 2020 Dates
|SSC CGL Events 2020||Dates 2020|
|SSC CGL Notification||29 December 2020|
|Online Application Submission||29 December 2020 to January 31, 2021|
|Tier I exam||May 29 – June 7, 2021 (Tentative)|
August 13 – 24, 2021 [Revised Dates]
|Tier-II exam||January 28 – 29, 2022|
|Tier III exam||February 06, 2022|
|Tier IV exam||To be notified|
SSC CGL Vacancy 2022
Along with the SSC CGL Notification 2022, the estimated 20,000 openings for the CGL exam 2022 have been made public on www.ssc.nic.in. SSC announced 7686 vacant positions in total last year. In comparison to prior years, there are very few openings for this year. By looking at the SSC CGL vacancy details, candidates may compare SSC CGL Vacancy Year-wise for the reference of 2022.
SSC CGL Exam 2022 Application Fee
- Rs. 100 is the mandatory application fee.
- Female, SC, ST, physically handicapped, and ex-serviceman applicants are not required to pay any fee.
- The only way to pay the application cost is through SBI, either by challan, SBI Net Banking, or any other bank’s Credit/Debit Card. The challans that are generated online can be used.
- The candidate should print off the online-generated challan after completing Part 1 registration in order to make a cash payment. After making the necessary payment at any SBI bank, continue with the Part-2 registration.
SSC CGL Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must meet 4 essential requirements to qualify for the SSC CGL 2022. Below are the 4 parameters:
1. Citizenship: The applicant must be an Indian national.
2. Age Restrictions (as of 01/01/2022): The SSC CGL Exam 2022 has a variety of age restrictions, which are shown below.
3. Educational Qualification: There are different educational qualifications for different posts
4. Other than the aforementioned, there are specific physical requirements for Inspectors (Central Excise), Examiners (Preventive Officers), and Sub-Inspectors (CBI) and NIA (National Investigation Agency) (National Investigation Agency).
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
According to the official SSC CGL 2022 notice, Tier 1 is an objective-type test and is conducted in online mode. The total time duration is 60 minutes. Candidates should be aware that the Tier 1 exam is mandatory for every position. See below for a complete table of Tier 1 SSC CGL 2022 exam pattern.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
SSC CGL Result
The SSC will release the result once after conducting the exam on its official website.
What is the date of SSC CGL Tier 1 2022?
The SSC CGL Tier 1 exam will be held from 1st Dec to 13th Dec as per the official notification.
What is the medium of the SSC CGL exam?
Tier 1 and Tier 2 are held in online mode while Tier 3 and Tier 4 are conducted offline as a descriptive and skill-based tests.
How many times is SSC CGL held in a year?
It is conducted once a year.
What is the full form of SSC CGL?
The “Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level” is the full form of SSC CGL.